4.25.2007

Caffeinated goodness

The little bug was nice to her mommy this morning, so I actually managed to get my questions for the Knitters' Coffee Swap answered. I've been dreadful about getting things done lately, so I was really afraid that I was going to leave my partner Sheri hanging on this one. While you're at it, do go check out her shop. She has a drool worthy selection of sock yarn there.

Questions:

1. Whole bean or ground? Whole bean, the fresher the better.

2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Fully-loaded of course. What's the point of decaf?

3. Regular or flavored? Regular. Great coffee doesn't need anything else, except maybe a little cream.

4. How do you drink your coffee? Drip I take with cream, espresso either straight or in a latte. Turkish coffee heavy on the sugar and cardamom is great too.

5. Favorite coffee ever? I am a die-hard Cafe Vita drinker. Their Cafe del Sol is the best coffee to have in the morning with cream.

6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I'm fairly fussy. I really don't like heavily roasted beans. I prefer to taste the bean, not the roast.

7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Good chocolate (the darker the better), shortbread, ginger cookies. Actually, just about anything heavy on the chocolate goes lovely with coffee.

8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? I do occasionally adulterate my coffee (beyond the cream, that is). Orange and chocolate are my favorite. On a random note, my husband considers this, and all other additions, polluting coffee, as he likes his black.

9. Yarn/fiber you love? I'm really a sucker for both Manos del Uruguay and Noro Silk Garden. A respectable portion of my stash is taken up by both of them. Currently though, I'm on a bit of a sock yarn kick. I really want to start getting yarn from all the great indie dyers out there.

10. Yarn/fiber you hate? Anything that comes close to being a novelty yarn. Glittery fluffy yarns really don't work for me. I also prefer to avoid manmade fibers. There are some exceptions, but usually I don't like the feel of them.

11. What's on your needles? Do I have to list them all? Let's see... a bright purple lace shawl, a cream cotton cardigan with cables and lace, an avocado green angora scarf with cables, another cardigan in Silk Garden, a little tiger for my daughter, and golf club covers for my uncle. I have a raspberry and lime green knee-high that needs a mate, but I really don't want to cast on for it right now. And then there's the stuff I need to make for the shop...

12. Favorite colors? I would have to say that red, purple and green are my three favorites. I'm starting to get rather fond of orange as well. I really prefer nice rich deep colors. Pastels just don't do much for me.

13. Allergies? None fiber related, thankfully.

14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? I've stared at this question for a good five minutes and haven't thought of anything that seems to need mentioning. There are tons of things I love (like orchids), as well as things I hate (vegetables), but what they have to do with swapping coffee and yarn, I have no clue. Oddly enough, I have both orchids and vegetables growing in my basement right now.

No comments: